Friday, May 11, 2018

Blog Stage eight: Comment on a colleague's work #2

     According to "What to say when your neighbor comes over uninvited?", Lollie Martin wrote about how Trump is threaten Mexicans by building walls and fences along the Mexico-United States border. She insist that there are other ways to handle the problem of illegal immigrants such as obtaining citizenship easier and increasing security along the borders. Trump stated that boarders are threaten United States territory, safe and population by allowing thousands of illegal immigrants to come to the United States. I understand why he strongly oppose since these immigrants are coming illegally, however, he is not only threatening these people. He is warning other immigrants as well.
     To be honest with you, I don't believe Trump. Okay, let me say in this way. I don't like Trump. This is pretty straightforward to say it but it is true. As an international student, there are many difficulties which I face by studying abroad from living far away with my family and friends. I basically left everything in my country just for my future. And now, Trump is trying to stop me and other international students. I still can't forget when Trump declared before he gets elected. He said that he will make all the immigrants out of the United States. His phrase made me worried and hopeless. It was not only me who felt like this. Most of the immigrants were mad at him. Because he is basically taking our opportunity and future. I tried to understand him as a person, but I couldn't. Well, probably because I'm Korean that we have more issues going on than this. That is why I have more antipathy toward him than other immigrants. However, if he forces the immigrants to get out of the United States, there will be  huge political issues are going to happen. Since Trump is the president of one of the dominant countries in the world that he should think and behave carefully, before he says because he represents his country and whole world is watching him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Stage eight: Comment on a colleague's work #2

     According to  "What to say when your neighbor comes over uninvited? ", Lollie Martin wrote about how Trump is threaten Mexic...